Tulsa Area Parental Involvement Institute
The Oklahoma Parents Center would like to announce an upcoming Regional Parental Involvement Institute in February 2017. The OPC will be holding the Institute in Tulsa!
The Institute will feature presenters from the Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE), the Special Education Resolution Center (SERC), Oklahoma ABLE Tech, the Oklahoma Disability Law Center (ODLC), and the Oklahoma Parents Center (OPC).
Come learn about:
- Accommodations to improve children’s success in school;
- Assistive technology devices to promote improved learning in the classroom and at home;
- The development of an Individualized Education Program (IEP) that works for your child;
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and its relation to students with disabilities; and
- How YOU can improve your child’s education!
As with every Regional Parental Involvement Institute, there will be great speakers, much information shared, lunch, and plenty of door prizes.
The Institute is limited to the first 80 people that register. All others will be placed on a waiting list.
There is no fee for the Parental Involvement Institute; however, you must register!
Will Childcare Be Provided?
No. The Oklahoma Parents Center will not have any accommodations for children at the Regional Institutes. However, there will be a limited number of $25 stipends for parents to help with childcare and travel expenses.
What if I still have Questions?
Call us at 877-553-IDEA (4332) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can answer any questions you may have! More information will be added to this page as it becomes available.
Friday, February 24, 2017
Tulsa Technology Center
Career Service Center
3240 S. Memorial Drive
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Light breakfast and lunch provided
How Do I Register for the Institute?
You can register in 3 ways:
- Register online via the SurveyMonkey link – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2017Tulsa.
- Register over the phone by calling the OPC at 877-553-4332.
- Register by printing and mailing the Registration – Tulsa County.
There is no fee to attend; however, you must register!