Bilingual Information and Training Specialist
Starting at $13 per hour
Are you a parent or family member of a child with a disability or a professional interested in working with families and speak Spanish? Are you looking for part-time work, a casual working environment, where you can help families’ access support and resources while expanding your own knowledge?
If so, the OPC needs you as a Bilingual Information and Training Specialist!
This job would be primarily from a home-office setting. So, this position could be located anywhere Statewide. Don’t worry…the OPC provides you the training and supplies you need.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Advising and counseling of parents, professionals, and students about special education topics.
- Communicating school information, resources, etc., to the parents who contact the OPC.
- Attending IEP and other required meetings (conferences, workshops, staff development, etc.).
- Keeping current with State and Federal rules and regulations.
- Preparing and presenting training programs to youth, parents, school personnel, and community organizations.
- Expanding the outreach to Oklahoma parents and youth.
- Providing information into a data tracking system.
- Other duties in order to carry out the work of the program.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish!
- Must be a team player.
- Knowledge and experience in education and special education issues preferred, but not required.
- Good analytical and decision-making skills are needed.
- Computer operations skills in such applications as Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc. is preferred, but not required.
- Good oral presentation, communication, writing and organizational skills/interfacing with others required.
- After-hours (evening) travel and overnight stays are sometimes required.
- Valid driver’s license with proof of automobile insurance required.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.