Do you need to take a Survey???
If you need to take the SoonerStart Family Survey or the Parent Survey for Special Education Services, you are in the right place!
The surveys are produced through a partnership between the Oklahoma State Department of Education – Special Education Services division (OSDE-SES), the Oklahoma Parents Center (OPC) and the Technical Assistance for Excellence in Special Education (TAESE).
Please visit our Surveys Introduction page for more information and links to the surveys!
Questions and Answers About the Surveys:
1. What are these Surveys about?
The Oklahoma State Department of Education has two (2) Surveys for parents and caregivers of children with disabilities depending on the age of your child and who provides services to your child.
- The SoonerStart Survey is for parents and caregivers of children from birth to 3 years old who are currently receiving services through SoonerStart.
- The Parent Survey for Special Education is for parents and caregivers of children from ages 3 through 21 who are currently receiving services through their school district.
2. Why are you doing this survey?
We have been asked by the Oklahoma State Department of Education to conduct the evaluation of SoonerStart services. The Technical Assistance for Excellence in Special Education (TAESE) have been asked to conduct the evaluation of Special Education services. The surveys provide valuable information for the State Performance Plan, as required by the US Department of Education Office of Special Education Programs.
3. Is there more than one version of this survey?
We have two versions of the survey: SoonerStart surveys-Birth to 3 years old and Parent Survey for Special Education-Ages 3-21. Both versions are in English and Spanish.
4. What if I have more than one child on an IFSP or an IEP?
If you have one child, then you complete one survey. If you have 2 children, you complete two surveys. If you have 3 children, you complete three surveys and so on. You complete a survey for each child, based on your individual experience with the LEA and that child.
5. What information do parents need to take the survey online?
The surveys are designed to be user-friendly and parents and caregivers simply click on each answer/response. You do not need a login or a password to complete the survey.
6. What if parents want to do the survey by phone?
Parents and caregivers of children between birth and 3 years old can call our toll-free number, 877-553-4332, and a trained interviewer can conduct the survey over the phone. If your child is in the public school system, please call TAESE at 435-797-9008 between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm to complete the survey.
7. If a parent or caregiver has a question, who can he or she contact?
If a parent has a question, that parent can call our toll-free number, 877-553-4332 or 405-379-6015. The OPC staff members will be available to answer their question(s).
8. What is the timeline for this survey?
Survey brochures are automatically mailed out in early August. However, parents and caregivers have until the end of June to complete the survey. We will continue to conduct the survey over the phone until then.