The Independent Futures that Work! project is a joint effort of the Parent Training and Information Centers (PTIs) in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas.
The primary purpose of this project is to build the competence and confidence of young adults with disabilities to access independent living and employment services so they can more successfully transition from the youth entitlement system to the adult eligibility system.
We have a project advisory committee to assist our project in meeting goals in the following areas:
- All stakeholders must have a voice in Resource Center activities;
- We need a clearer understanding of existing materials that would help young adults with disabilities transition from the youth entitlement system to the adult eligibility system;
- All new materials and services should be useful to young adults with disabilities and their families;
- Project materials must be available in print and digital formats, and services must be accessible through multiple channels;
- Professionals from the adult eligibility system should be able to partner with all young adults with disabilities and their families; and
- All materials and services should improve the capacity of young adults with disabilities and their families to transition to independent living and employment.
Are you interested in being on the Oklahoma State Advisory Committee?
If so, please email Latisha Coats at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in correspondence!
OK State Advisory Committee Meetings for 2023
Wednesday, March 1st
Register Here: https://oklahomaparentscenter-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwodemqrT8qGdC9yEtSLAugczL96pCC2Gee
Wednesday, June 7th
Register Here: https://oklahomaparentscenter-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUsfu-vpzMsGNfC-A4GiSb1hrC3B0bLG9ZY
Wednesday, September 6th
Register Here: https://oklahomaparentscenter-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUrc-6hrD8uH9eDkIHySXIIa6-VeUsB1bjX
Wednesday, December 6th
Register Here: https://oklahomaparentscenter-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIkdOqqpzsvGNWmqAe-Ei9M_Jt6x0n6QI7i
OK State Advisory Committee Meetings for 2022
Wednesday, June 1st
Materials: PowerPoint – 6/1/22
OK State Advisory Committee Meetings for 2021
Wednesday, June 30, 2021
via Zoom (this meeting has ended)
Materials: PowerPoint – 9/1/21