The Oklahoma Parents Center (OPC) is a federally funded Parent Training and Information Center. We are funded through the US Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) and Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE). We have been providing services to Oklahoma families of children with disabilities, their teachers and other professionals since 2000. Our PTI staff is here to help you navigate the Special Education Maze and provide you with the information and tools you need to be an informed and active participant in your child’s education.
The purpose of the PTI project is to help Oklahoma parents and families:
- Better understand the nature of their children’s disabilities and their children’s educational, developmental, and transitional needs;
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with their child’s educators and other professionals;
- Participate in decision-making processes, including those related to their child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP);
- Understand about the range, type and quality of options, programs and services, technologies, practices and interventions that are based on scientifically-based research;
- Understand the resources available to assist their children at school and home;
- Understand their rights as provided under IDEA (the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004); and
- Participate in activities at the school level that benefit their children and to participate in parental involvement activities.
Do you need to take a Survey???
If you need to take the SoonerStart Family Survey or the Parent Survey for Special Education Services, you are in the right place!
The surveys are produced through a partnership between the Oklahoma State Department of Education – Special Education Services division (OSDE-SES) and the Oklahoma Parents Center (OPC).
Please choose the appropriate survey below or visit our Survey Introduction page for more information!
SoonerStart Family Survey – Birth to 3 years old
(Familias SoonerStart – Nacimiento hasta los 3 años de edad)
Parent Survey for Special Education – Ages 3 through 21
(Familias de la escuela – Niños de 3 a 21)